Genetics InterMine API Training 2019-06-19
- 13:30 Introduction - what is an API and why might we use one?
- API slides
- Poll: What programming language(s) do you use as part of work, if any?
- 14:00 🐍 Hands-on code along in Python (PAX6 Workflow):
- Python Pax6 Workflow (unsolved):
- Python Pax6 Workflow (with answers):
- 15:00 🇷 Advanced exercises: producing figures and data visualisations
- Enrichment and visualisations (unsolved):
- Enrichment and visualisations (with answers):
- 15:45 Self-learn exercises - use cases and questions. Your choice of:
- 🐍 Python: API Exercises
- 🇷 R Pax6 Workflow (same results as the Python workflow, but in R)
- R Pax6 Workflow (unsolved)
- R Pax6 Workflow (with answers)
- 🇷 or 🐍: Replicate some of the exercises we’ve run today on your favourite organism or favourite genes / proteins. We can help walk you through it and troubleshoot where needed.
Which InterMine is for me?
- InterMine Registry - search for your favourite organism(s). There are tens of InterMines and some InterMines cover a large number of organisms.