We have written a script that runs queries against the templates publicly available in a mine or a pair of mines. The purpose of these scripts is to:
- Test that all templates run.
- In the case of multiple mines, check that updates haven't radically changed the results.
The script presents their results on standard out, with the option to have them emailed upon completion of the comparison. To have results emailed out, you should have set up and installed
sendmail on the machine running the comparison.
The script is located here: https://github.com/intermine/intermine-release-scripts/blob/master/compare_templates_for_releases.py
This script will run on
jython. It requires the installation of the intermine client module, which can be installed from PyPi with the following command:
The script can be invoked most simply against a single mine as follows:
To have results emailed, add your email address:
Optionally set a ''from'' address:
Comparing against two mines is same as above, except you simply need to add a second service location:
The resulting email will look like this:
- '''In Both: Diff >= 10%''' - templates run in both mines and result counts returned were very different.
- '''Only in''' - template was found in one mine and not the other.
- '''In Both: Diff < 10%''' - template run in both mines and results returned were different. It's probably safe to assume these are okay.